River Grove Library
The River Grove Public Library District is separate and distinct from the Village of River Grove. Governed by seven trustees elected by the residents of River Grove, the Library Board represents the Library, advocates for the institution, sets the policies for the operation of the library, hires the Director of the Library, oversees funding, approves the annual budget and supports the staff and Director in carrying out library initiatives.
Take Charge of Your Health workshops
People with ongoing health conditions are invited to sign up for a "Take Charge of Your Health" workshop at the River Grove Library.
The workshops are FREE to adults 60+ and their caregivers and will include six consecutive weekly sessions led by certified facilitators who have experience with ongoing health conditions. The sessions will begin on August 7th and will conclude on September 11th. Each session will take place at the River Grove Library (8638 W. Grand Avenue) and will run from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Topics will include:
- Problem solving around your health condition
- Coping with fatigue, frustration, and isolation related to ongoing health conditions
- Exercising to maintain and improve strength and flexibility
- Medication management
- Communicating with family, friends and health professionals
- Practicing good nutrition
- Evaluating new treatment options
- How to plan and set your own goals to improve your health and life
To register, call Jorge Perez by phone at (708) 453-4484 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library Board Meetings
The Board of Trustees regularly meets at the library on the second Wednesday of the month at 7pm. Meetings are open and the public is welcome and encouraged to attend.
- River Grove Library
- 8638 W. Grand Avenue
- River Grove, IL 60171
For more information, view the River Grove Library website.