Planning Commission / Zoning Board of Appeals
Meetings are scheduled as needed. Meetings are held at:
Elmer Wolf Community Center
2621 N. Thatcher Avenue
River Grove, IL 60171
- Mario Novelli, Chair
- Henry Bramski
- Stuart Bruce
- Joe Kosik
- Craig Matz
- Dobald McElhattan
- George Obrzut
- Jim Pasquesi
Purpose / Goal
The Planning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals meet as needed to consider proposals that require special use permits, variations, or any other activities that involve land development.
The Planning Commission
The Planning Commission is responsible for preparing and recommending an Official Plan of River Grove to the Board of Trustees. This plan, also known as the Comprehensive Plan, consists of public improvements looking to the present and future development of the village.
Planning Commission member responsibilities include:
- Preparing and recommending changes in the plan as long as these changes do not affect the general principles of the plan adopted.
- Preparing and recommending plans for specific improvements
- To assist village officials charged with the direction of projects for improvements embraced within the plan
- To further the making of such improvements
- To generally promote the realization of the plan
The Zoning Board of Appeals
This panel consists of seven members appointed to five-year terms by the Village President and approved by the Village Board.
Zoning Board member responsibilities include:
- Hearing and making recommendations to the village board on applications for text or map amendments, variations, special uses and planned unit developments
- Hear and make final decisions on appeals of zoning decisions made by the planning and zoning administrator and building commissioner
- Assists in the development, review and amendment of the Official Plan and zoning ordinance of the village, as requested by the village board.