O'Hare Noise Compatibility Commission
The O'Hare Noise Compatibility Commission (ONCC) seeks to cooperate with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to adjust the frequency and noise of flights from 10pm to 6am that adversely impact our community. Commission members attend meetings with State and Federal aviation officials and advise the Village President and Board of Trustees about any airport news, policies or developments that may affect our village.
The ONCC also works with the Chicago Department of Aviation to solve noise related problems between the city and the surrounding suburbs. The ONCC includes membership from 56 towns, 19 school boards and three counties.
Findings and reports are presented at regularly scheduled Village Board meetings on the first and third Thursdays of each month.
All meetings are open to the public.
ONCC General Meeting
- 8:00 a.m.
- Friday, November 2, 2018
- Cafe La Cave
- 2777 Mannheim Road, Des Plaines, IL 60018
Fly Quiet Committee
- Monday, October 18, 2018
- 9:30 a.m.
- Chicago Department of Aviation Building
- Conference Room 1
- 10510 W. Zemke Road, Chicago, IL 60666
ONCC Residential Sound Insulation Committee
- Wednesday, November 14, 2018
- 9:30 a.m.
- Norridge Village Hall
- 4000 N. Olcott, Norridge, IL 60706
ONCC Technical Committee
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018
- 9:00 a.m.
- Mount Prospect Village Hall
- 50 S. Emerson Street, Mount Prospect, IL 60056
River Grove Members
ONCC O'Hare Airfield Tour
River Grove ONCC Chairperson Dennis Ryan (third from left) and other ONCC members were invited on a tour of the airfield on July 25, 2018. Members were able to see and learn about many of the construction projects currently taking place as well as receive updates on some of the new projects coming on line, such as the O'Hare 21 Terminal Area Plan (TAP).
The O'Hare 21 TAP is an eight-year $8.5 billion capital program. The plan is expected to increase gate capacity by 25% and modernize existing facilities, will expand terminal and landside capacity to accommodate anticipated demand, featuring better integration of domestic and international terminal operations and will enhance passenger and baggage connectivity. Additionally, the plan aims to reduce airfield congestion and ground delay resulting from lack of aircraft parking positions.
The tour visited:
- Construction areas on the west side of the airfield, including new taxiways and holding pad
- Construction site of new runway 9C-27C
- Sites of the new Terminal 1 satellite concourses
- Terminal 2, which will be replaced with the new Global Terminal
- Terminal 5, which will be expanded and become the "budget" carrier terminal (Frontier, Spirit, Delta)
- New gates recently added at Terminal 3 by American Airlines, the first new gates at O'Hare in 25 years
Recent Reports & Related Documents
- Fly Quiet Committee Summary, 8-23-18
- Executive Committee Strategic Planning Session, 8-17-18
- Technical Committee Summary, 8-14-18
- Ryan Report, 9-7-17
- Noise Contour Map
- Noise-related Agencies