River Grove residents, please stay safe out there. Water levels on the DesPlaines River are at record highs. The Village is doing everything they can to keep our residents safe. The River Grove Police, Fire and Public Works department have extra resources in place on both sides of the river to ensure safety. Here are a few reminders:
• Do not go into your basement if you see water has accumulated.
• There are many streets in town that are impassable. Please do not go down these street thinking that you will make it.
• Your best bet to navigate if you must go out is; Belmont and North to the east and west. Harlem and 25th Ave. to the north and south.
• Remember your pets in times like this.
• Our garbage hauler, Roy Strom is doing their best, please be patient.
• The river has a strong current and is not safe, please stay out.
• Gene and Jude’s, BP Amoco, Subway and McDonalds are all closed for the time being.
• If you have a non-emergency situation and it is not pressing please email email@example.com and you will have a same day response.