National Pizza Day is observed annually on February 9th. Whether it is thin crust, Chicago-style, deep dish or anything in between, pizza is an American favorite.
Here are some interesting facts about pizza:
- Pepperoni is the most popular pizza at 36% of all pies ordered.
- Over 3 billion pizzas are sold in the USA each year. Add another 1 billion on frozen pizzas
- 17% of all US Restaurants are pizzerias.
- Antica Pizzeria, the first Pizzeria, opened in Naples, Italy, in 1738.
- Gennaro Lombardi, the first Pizzeria in the United States, opened in 1895 in New York City.
- Americans consume on average 23 pounds of pizza per person each year.
Why not visit one of our local businesses this weekend to pick up your favorite kind?
- D'Agostino's, 3131 N. Thatcher Avenue, (708) 453-3247
- Da Luciano, 8343 W. Grand Avenue, (708) 453-1000
- Grand Stop Bar & Grill, 8601 W. Grand Avenue, (708) 697-8601
- Liborio Baking Company, 8212 W. Grand Avenue, (708) 452-7222
- Mia Passione, 8347 W. Grand Avenue, (708) 716-8000
- River Cafe, 2826 N. Thatcher, (708) 452-1200
- Rosati's Pizza, 8342 W. Grand Avenue, (708) 456-2000