On Saturday, October 31st, from the hours of 2pm to 6pm,
children will be allowed to Trick or Treat in River Grove.
This year, Halloween has some challenges, and some who
normally participate may opt out. In order to make it more
clear to the Trick-or-Treaters and their guardians which
houses will be participating, we ask that participating houses
leave their porch light on. We have created a printable Trick-or-Treat sign to display in your window or on your front door.
Please feel free to download and print it or pick up a copy in the Village Hall. If you
choose to participate in Trick-or-Treating, please follow
social distancing and mask wearing guidelines
recommended by the IDPH and CDC.
Trick Or Treat Sign (PDF)
In addition, we are asking all motorists to obey all posted speed limits in town and to keep a watchful eye out for children who will be making their way from street to street in the evening hours.
Here are a few reminders for parents and children:
- Only cross the street at the corners and stay in the crosswalks. This will make you much easier for cars to see when it becomes dark.
- Bring a suitable container for treats. There’s nothing worse than a flimsy bag with a hole in it or a bucket with a broken strap.
- Dress warm. The temperature can drop quickly once the sun goes down.
- Bring a small flashlight. This can help you move up and down stairs in the dark and to take a peek into your goody bag.
- Wear reflective clothing. The more visible you are to vehicles, the better. Some costumes even include fluorescent glow sticks.
- Always inspect your candy before eating it. If the packaging looks ripped or already opened, throw it out.
As always, we wish all of our families and friends a Happy Halloween! Have a safe, fun and spooky time!