Halloween is coming soon! We are asking motorists to obey all posted speed limits in town and to keep a watchful eye out for children who will be making their way from street to street in the evening hours.
Trick-or-Treating in the Village of River Grove will be held on Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Here are a few reminders for parents and children:
- Only cross the street at the corners and stay in the crosswalks. This will make you much easier for cars to see when it becomes dark.
- Bring a suitable container for treats. There's nothing worse than a flimsy bag with a hole in it or a bucket with a broken strap.
- Dress warm. The temperature can drop quickly once the sun goes down.
- Bring a small flashlight. This can help you move up and down stairs in the dark and to take a peek into your goody bag.
- Wear reflective clothing. The more visible you are to vehicles, the better. Some costumes even include fluorescent glow sticks.
- Always inspect your candy before eating it. If the packaging looks ripped or already opened, throw it out.
As always, we wish all of our families and friends a Happy Halloween! Have a safe, fun and spooky time!