Current Job Openings
The Village of River Grove is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This part-time position within the Village of River Grove, will report to the Police Department. This position is responsible for the safe movement of all pedestrians at intersections and other crossings in the Village. Crossing guards are expected to be constantly alert to vehicular traffic and the movement of pedestrians’ street activity, always assuring the safety of pedestrians and the orderly movement of vehicles. Work is performed in all types of weather in accordance with established procedures and instructions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the safety of pedestrians at the assigned locations according to the standards for safe movement within those traffic areas.
- Controls and directs traffic by using approved hand signals and stop signs, instructs pedestrians in the proper use of traffic regulations and provide general assistance as needed.
- Notes vehicle identification information on traffic violators and presents the information to their Police superior.
- Is an ambassador for the Village of River Grove. Must provide effective and efficient customer service and promotes and maintains responsive community relations.
- Performs related position duties as assigned.
- Must be able to be on time for shift and work in inclement weather conditions.
- High School Degree or GED is required.
- Knowledge of English language.
- Must embrace, support and promote the Village’s core values, beliefs and culture.
- The ability to work courteously with residents.
- Communicate clearly and concisely verbally with students and residents.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Standing for long periods of time without a break.
- Should be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close, distance, color, peripheral, as well as depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The ability to work in extreme weather conditions; wet. Humid, cold and heat.
EEO Statement: The Village of River Grove is an equal opportunity employer that seeks qualified applicants for employment in available positions without unlawful regard to the applicants’ race,color, sex, religion, age, or ethnic origin. Applicants with qualified disabilities will be reasonably accommodated upon prior notification.
Qualified applicants can pick up an application in-person at River Grove Village Hall (2621 N. Thatcher Avenue) during normal business hours or they can print out the application below, fill it out and return it to Village Hall.
All applications are due by Friday, July 26th, by 4:00 p.m.
For additional information, please contact Human resources Director Shawn Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org.